Fight Diabetes with Knowledge
While detection and medical treatments are two of the most important steps in providing care for diabetes, we believe that knowledge is the most powerful prescription for reducing the complications of this disease. From support groups to self-management training, our outpatient diabetes center offers a variety programs and classes to help you understand and manage this disease. The programs we offer include:
- Diabetes prevention - a program designed to help prevent Type 2 diabetes through exercise, healthy meal planning.
- Pediatric diabetes education - a class that provides individualized education for adolescents, teens and parents.
- Support groups - held quarterly if you are living with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes.
- Individual Assessment: Meet with a diabetes educator to determine your individual needs for managing diabetes.
- Taking charge of diabetes: The basics - a four-hour group program that provides the basics of managing diabetes, balancing nutrition and exercise.
- Taking charge of diabetes: Comprehensive education - a 19-hour, in-depth program that teaches you everything about diabetes self-management, nutrition and exercise.
- The gestational diabetes/preexisting diabetes and pregnancy programs - offers in-depth education and self-management techniques for diabetes during pregnancy.
- Glucose sensor training - teaches you how to use a glucose-monitoring sensor so you can keep track of your blood sugar levels around the clock.
- Outpatient insulin administration insulin pump training - provides training and support for starting or adjusting insulin.
- Insulin pump training - individual training to operate and start on an insulin pump with support from a certified insulin pump trainer.
For more information about the programs and classes offered at Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center, please call 336-277-1660.
Our doctors are nationally recognized for diabetes care. Visit the American Diabetes Association website for more information.