Get our mobile app for Forsyth Medical Center. See urgent care wait times and get directions.
Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center has one of the largest emergency departments in the
state, with six specially-designed units able to treat up to 110,000 patients each
We offer advanced emergency services to ensure rapid response
and treatment in any situation. In addition to expert emergency medicine physicians,
nurses and technologists, our facilities are equipped with patient monitoring-systems,
x-ray technology, on-site labs, and surgical suites.
When to Go to the ER
Don't hesitate to come to the Emergency Room (ER) if you experience any of the following:
- Injuries from an accident or fall
- Deep cuts or bleeding that won't stop
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of consciousness
- Pregnancy-related problems
- Severe abdominal pain
- Heart attack symptoms, such as chest pain, sweating, shortness of breath or unusual nausea
- Stroke symptoms, such as sudden numbness or weakness of face, arms and/or legs; trouble speaking, severe headache with no known cause
- High fever and vomiting that continues nonstop for several hours
- Signs of meningitis: severe headaches, neck/joint pain and stiffness, vomiting, high temperatures, cold extremities.
When to Go to the Urgent Care
Urgent care clinics provide convenient and cost-effective services for medical issues that are not life-threatening, such as:
- Animal bites
- Asthma– mild to moderate
- Broken bones
- Colds and coughs
- Cuts, including cuts requiring stitches
- Fevers or flu
- Sore throats
- Upset stomach
- Urinary tract infections.